Design, and build, an artist's website for a contemporary, living artist
- Demonstrate the ability to use HTML & CSS code
- Practice onscreen Typography
- Make something that is easy to navigate, easy to read, and looks great
- Pick an artist, not yourself .
(this can be an artist you know, or someone you are a fan of)
- Write something about the artist's life & work.
- Find images of the artist's work.
- Build a website for the artist.
- You must use 1 External Style Sheet
- all webpages must have titles (no untitled documents) & at least 1 heading
- ** the 1st page should be saved as index.html (especially splash pages)
- a bio or "about" section
- a gallery page (or pages) with at least 9 examples of their artwork
- information about the images (title, medium, date)
- another section of your choosing
- There should be at least 3 links on every page to navigate between the different sections
- Please include the sources of your information and images (somewhere on the site)
Your grade will be determined by your ability to turn things in on time, and follow directions.
The grade for your finished project will be based on your attention to detail, and the overall look of the website.
All webpages designed for the site should have a consistent design or "feel".
All pages should be clearly labeled, have titles, and all the links should work.
Make sure your site is easy to navigate.
Your presentation will also affect your grade.
Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.